This will be another workshop not to be missed. The workshop will be conducted over a two day period on 5th- 6th May 2018.
Cheryl Earl will be showing us how to make a larger Rectangle Box. Cheryl did a workshop last year and it was an excellent success. Everyone who attended went home with a fantastic box made of beautiful coloured leathers.
As can be seen from the pictures the lids are separate from the box but Cheryl has said that we can put on a hinge which will be another dynamic to the box.
Covering Material, Lining, Card, Decoration, Closures, Joint Reinforcement and Wadding.
Students to Bring:
- Cutting Mat (A3 or larger)
- Steel Ruler (30 to 60 cms)
- Tape Measure
- Cutting Blade (sturdy craft knife)
- Extra Blades (snap off)
- HB Pencil Sharp – sharpener or Technical Pencil
- GLASS for skiving
- Scalpel and Extra Blades
- Small Sharp Scissors
- Bone Folder
- Long Nose Tweezers (if you have them, could be helpful)
- Sanding Block
- Sand Paper (coarse and fine)
- Anything you have to achieve a 90 degree angle when gluing sides of the box together
- P.V.A. glue
- 2 Brushes Bristle – large and small
- Water Jar for cleaning brushes
- Apron (optional)
- Rag or Baby Wipes for Sticky Fingers
- Notepad and Pen
- Hole Punch 2mm
- Hammer or Mallet
- Rubber Bands
- Electrical Clips to hold lacing (only if you have them)
- Lego Blocks 10 to 20 (I will show you how to make Corner supports)
Morning and afternoon tea/coffee will be supplied but please bring your lunch.
When attending WORKSHOPS from 2018 and onwards, could you please pay ONLINE by the cutoff date and leave your name, so that we can identify who has paid. This will avoid the handling of cash and it will improve time management for classes.
|Finish Time:||1600 (approximately)|
|Location:||Epping Creative Centre|
|Cost Members:||$30.00 per day plus $65.00 for materials|
|Cost Non-Members:||$40.00 per day plus $65.00 for materials|